Upgrading from inn 2.2.1 to 2.3.1

Bernhard Kohl B.Kohl at rrz.uni-koeln.de
Tue Mar 13 10:51:21 UTC 2001

I'm preparing a new news server that will run inn 2.3.1.

The enclosed NEWS documentation says that it's strongly recommended to feed
the articles to the new news server rather than to dump it and trying to build
overview and history directly from the old spool.

So, I have 2 questions:

* 1 * Is there a way to sync the article numbers between the old an
        new spool?

        I've set xrefslave and storetoxref to true,  but it doesn't seem
        to work.

* 2 * Is there a script to feed all news to the new server? I've found a
        script on

                http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/inn.html#3.9

        but it ends with many "ignoring line ..." when innxmitting

        The script:

                cd pathdb
                perl -ne '($a,$b,$_) = split "\t"; print if $_' history > \
                pathoutgoing/list
                innxmit server list

        Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any clues.