Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) compliancy?

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Wed Mar 21 01:40:10 UTC 2001

On Mar 20, James Ralston <qralston+ml.inn-workers at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

 >An example of situation #1 is PATHBIN and PATHAUTH.  Currently,
 >PATHAUTH is automatically defined as "$(PATHBIN)/auth".  Under the
 >FHS, PATHAUTH should most appropriately be /usr/lib/inn/auth, but the
I don't think there is any real difference between /usr/lib/news/auth
and the current /usr/lib/news/bin/auth .

 >An example of situation #2 is LIBDIR, which winds up containing
 >static/shared libraries (libinn and libstorage), as well as
 >innreport_inn.pm, innshellvars*, and docheckgroups.  All non-libraries
 >should be in some other directory (or directories).
I don't agree. static libraries should be moved by the distribution
package-building script to /usr/lib, and the other files should go to
/usr/lib/news. But keeping everything in the same directory is an
acceptable solution too.

--
ciao,
Marco