problem with readers permissions:

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Mar 22 18:15:05 UTC 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Pat Masterson wrote:

> due to not being able to continue long lines in readers.conf, can I have 2
> auth statements pointing to one access statement like:

Oh, sure.  (Auth blocks and access blocks definitely do not need to have a
one-to-one correspondence; the current design allows you to have one phase
for "assigning an identity" with auth blocks --- this might involve a
password file, IP lookups, etc in different cases --- and then one phase
for "deciding permissions" using access blocks.  If you're only doing
IP-based access control, though, that's not really relevant.)

Note that you have something like 8000 characters/line, which ought to get
you quite a few entries per block.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org