Question about INN 2.2.1-1

James Ralston qralston+ml.inn-workers at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 22 21:27:54 UTC 2001

Following-up to an older message...

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Aladdin wrote:

> Hello inn-workers,
>
> I have a default RedHat 6.1 installation with INN 2.2.1-1
> installed. When I do the following: "innd stop" I can see the
> following entries in logfiles:
>
> errlog
> INND exiting because of signal
>
> news.crit
> Jan 22 14:22:48 debesiukas innd: SERVER shutdown received signal 15
>
> I did not saw these entries in my previous RedHat installation so
> I'm asking: is that normal thing or there is some kind of
> workaround?

Red Hat's shutdown script doesn't gracefully shut down INN; it just
starts throwing SIGTERM (and then SIGKILL, if SIGTERM doesn't produce
immediate results) at everything.

I've already written custom /etc/init.d scripts for INN for Solaris;
they ensure INN is properly started up and properly shut down.  I'll
be doing the same thing for Red Hat shortly; I'll give Red Hat copies
of them when I'm done.  So this problem will be fixed eventually...

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute