Is buffindexed overview corruption problem fixed in -STABLE?

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Wed Mar 28 15:50:41 UTC 2001

In article <Pine.LNX.4.33.0103281344190.16782-100000 at malvix.hist.no>,
	Mads E Eilertsen <mee at hist.no> wrote;

} The newsgroups seem to be the same from day to day, with a few
} new groups added to the error list each day.
}
} Is this something to worry about?

I think it's ignorable.  You should have tons of errors
if the problem goes to worse.  I'll investigate how this
happens, but I've been a bit busy on my current job.

} BTW, I have 40 buffers of 100MB each.  Would I gain something by using
} fewer and larger buffers?

I think it depends on where the buffer is placed.  One
per spindle is best.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou