timecaf: could not mmap article

Laurent Frigault lfrigault at teaser.fr
Thu Mar 29 15:39:00 UTC 2001

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 12:00:43AM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:
> } > One probability of its occurrence is TOC corruption.
> }
> } TOC corruption?
> } What du you mean with TOC?
>
> Table Of Contents which gives article size, creation time,
> and offset in the spool file.
..
> I don't have any idea on how the problem occurs, then.
> I didn't have any problem when I ran a bit ago on Solaris2.6.
> Anyone who runs timecaf on Linux?

No, but I run it under FreeBSD and I have noticed that nnrpd processes
can use a lot of memory (more than 150Mb) with timecaf.

It depends on the kind of request you do. For that reason, I have
disabled then LISTGROUP primitive and I set nnrpdcheckart to false in
inn.conf.

This is related to the TOC cache which does not have any limits.

If I am right, you should reproduce this by sending LISTGROUP on all your
groups in one NNRP session and watching the size of the nnrpd process.

Regards,
--
Laurent Frigault | <url:http://www.teaser.fr/~lfrigault>