Config parsing (2/4): Proposed syntax

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at epix.net
Thu May 10 20:13:20 UTC 2001

> Can we get a clarification on the interaction of these two?  That is,
> should the line following a line which begins with "#" and ends with "\"
> be considered part of the comment or not.

I think Russ will jump in here.  I think the intent is that strings
can be continued.  A comment line ending in \ is nothing special.
It is not continued.

Perhaps the wording should be changed or statement added to make
this clear.

This discussion went by on the list a long time ago.  Can anyone
think of any reason you need to continue lines outside of strings?