DumpDB message as well

Lisa Ungar lungar at us.ibm.com
Fri May 11 12:18:43 UTC 2001

Jeff,

I check and discovered that the spool directory directory

 /usr/local/news/spool was recently moved and added as a new filesystem,
which was set to root and therefore the file
could not be updated.  The other news directories are still on another
filesystm

I have change the ownership and group to userid news.

Here is the behaviour now:

I create new newsgroup and it is listed in active file.  It is available.

However, I still get  from innfeed

Could not retrieve @0501000000E0000000000000000000000000@: (null)

when doing a post for an article.  However, if I restart the news server
using ctlinnd shutdown command and inndstart

I can then post a second article to the newsgroup,  it does not have a
problem and it never displays the first one.

What do you think is happening?  Is there something else needed for
tradspool?

Thanks for your help,

Lisa