ctlinnd reload required after adding newgroups using the ctlinnd command

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Mon May 14 00:43:01 UTC 2001

In article <OFE7BE0B34.88280290-ON85256A49.006515DB at pok.ibm.com>,
	"Lisa Ungar" <lungar at us.ibm.com> wrote;

} I have been looking at the news.software.nntp newsgroup and I see that inn
} sometimes require a reload after a new newsgroup is created.  I have two
} servers one with AIX that doesn't require a reload and another is linux.
} They are both running verson 2.3.0
}
} Is Linux one of the OS where one needs to specify a ctlinnd reload every
} time the active file touched?

I'm not sure in which thread it was discussed, but if you
create new newsgroup by ctlinnd nothing has to be done.
And if you do it by editing active, you need to reload it.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou