Server Sizing...

Montgomery-Recht, Evan evan.montgomery-recht at lmco.com
Tue May 15 20:29:03 UTC 2001

We're under contract with a customer who wants a news server connected.  The
have selected a list of providers, one of which is Cidera,  Cidera states
that 235GB per day is the amount of data we will recieve.  We're looking at
the distributed architecture with shared storage option that INN supports.
Question is how do we size this.  The storage is easy we get a 2TB Disk
array connected to a NFS for what we want to store.  But for the feeder and
reader are their any sizing documents that exist.

thanks,

evan

Evan Montgomery-Recht, Information Security Engineer
Lockheed Martin Global Telecommunications
640 Freedom Business Center
Suite 600
King of Prussia, PA 19406
610.992.6314