How to remove old articles

Alan Baker ( ISC Networks ) Alan.Baker at EUROPE.SIMOCO.com
Thu May 24 11:36:07 UTC 2001

Hi

I've just inherited support of an old INN news server.

The first thing I notice is that the spool directory is full of a lot of old
articles, ie all dated September or October 1998 - about 3GB of them.  I
can't see any way of getting rid of them, newer stuff has all expired and be
deleted properly, but all these old files remain.

Can I safely just delete (UNIX rm) all the files under the articles
structure? (There are no current ones as the service has been down for a
month)  Should I run any commands after that to tidy up any databases?

All help gratefully received while I get to grips with supporting news here.

Alan