[Fwd: auth]

Fernando Palma fpalma at uevora.pt
Fri May 25 08:26:21 UTC 2001

Fernando Palma wrote:

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Fernando Palma <fpalma at uevora.pt> writes:
>
> > I have read that document, but I'm not a perl programer, and I would
> > like to do the auth prog in C code. Is it possible to get the same
> > mecanism that perl auth allows with C or is it impossible.  Is there a
> > flag in inn.conf that allow that kind of authentication???
>
> There is no way to return anything other than a user identity from a C
> authenticator at present in INN.  We hope to eventually add that, but for
> right now you have to use Perl or Python to get that functionality, or put
> all of the group information into readers.conf and write a C authenticator
> that returns the appropriate user identity.

Just one more question??
About the perl authenticator, for what I understood it return
an array of 5 arguments, but on that array there is no
reference to the groups I can post only the groups for
reading. Are they the same??
What I need is to return something like:
user: xpto
read: group1 group2 group3 group4
post: group1 group2

Is this possible with the perl auth??