buffindexed overview overflow

Ilya Etingof ilya at glas.net
Tue May 29 07:47:15 UTC 2001

>And it's necessary to create clean buffers with 'dd' before
>rebuilding.

I've rebuilt the overview (what causes 5 hours downtime unfortunately) and
it seems to help.

> } Although, I have not found any pointer on how to permanently fix this
> } problem. Is there any patch against it? Or should I take some newer INN
> } version?
>
> Unfortunately not.

So, what is the condition when this "ovaddrec could not get new
block" shows up? When buffers are filling up to a half of their
capacity? Or after a system crash? Or something else?

What is the problem with fixing this bug? Just no time for that or a
code analisys yet to be done or there is some principal problem with
buffindexed method?

Thanks,
ilya