nntpsend problem or outgoing not working.

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Nov 9 13:30:01 UTC 2001

In article <3BEAF41B.E068AFAC at noaa.gov>,
gavin.chen <gavin.chen at noaa.gov> wrote:
| How do I change/customize the format of the batch file?

| uunet:*,!noaa.*:Tf,Wmn,H3:

| bill davidsen wrote:

| > First guess is that you're writing the file in the wrong format.

First, you want Wnm. Second, if you don't want to "leak" local
hierarchies which may be crossposted, change "!noaa" to "@noaa" in that
line. What you have will prevent posts to noaa.* only, but if they are
cross-posted they will be distributed. I don't know which behaviour you
want, but I suspect that you might not know there are two behaviours.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc