cnfsstat to syslog

Basil Kruglov basil at cifnet.com
Sat Nov 10 04:05:53 UTC 2001

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 04:52:07PM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <20010924003903.A48339 at shell.cifnet.com>,
> 	Basil Kruglov <basil at cifnet.com> wrote;
>
> } ~news/bin/cnfsstat -s ;when running under uid: news or even root cnfsstat does
> } not print anything to syslog. all other options of cnfsstat are fine.
> }
> } Any idea where the problem might be?
>
> It looks like syslog functionality on perl does not work.
> IIRC, it uses AF_INET.  If you blocks 514/udp, you cannot
> get messages.

Took me a while to get to this.. here's the fix, problem wasn't with
blocking 514/udp. Here's diff, if possible please do commit this to current
& stable inn trees..

-cut here-

[news3:/usr/local/news/bin]: diff cnfsstat cnfsstat1
65c65
<             Sys::Syslog::setlogsock('unix') if $OSNAME =~
/linux|freebsd|dec_osf/;
---
>             Sys::Syslog::setlogsock('unix') if $OSNAME =~ /linux|dec_osf/;

-cut here-

Have a good weekend,

-Basil
 P.S. Is your patch, the one fixing 2 x pathname in headers for nnrpd, did you
 commit it to current/stable trees?