mailpost and crossposted mailing lists

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 13 05:24:06 UTC 2001

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 10:01:04AM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:
> Or try mailpost in CURRENT.  It's capable of handling multiple
> newsgroups.

I'm lookin at the perl code for mailpost from CURRENT-20011116 and I want to
as about the -c option which is used for cross post support.

It looks like if I pass -c N to mailpost that the mailpost process will
sleep for N seconds then check it's database to see if it can find another
dup. If a dup is found it's newsgroup is added to the Newsgroups: header and
the message is sent off.

Did I miss something? In all this seems like a bad way to handle this
because it appears to me that you could have two mailpost processes racing
against each other. Please tell me if I'm wrong and show me?

--
Regards,
 Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)