CNFS and Linux 2.4

Miquel van Smoorenburg list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Mon Nov 19 17:03:35 UTC 2001

In article <9sgn13$p70$1 at gatekeeper.tmr.com>,
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>If you check the archives you will see some minor notes about the flags
>from various people, in reply to my questions, as well as what worked
>for me. At the time you had to include something like POSIX_SOURCE
>and/or some other flag in Makefile.global. All this from failing memory,
>all may have changed.

I just upgraded my peering server to a 2.4 kernel. It appears to work
fine with CNFS directly on block devices. No more rawfs module needed.

>In other words, I built the April 11 version with largefile support, and
>it works. I'll let you know in a few days how well it works on Nov 1 INN
>and a recent Linux Redhat.

I just compiled the latest 2.4 from CVS on Linux with large files
support and well, it compiles without errors. If the 2.4 kernel
proves to be stable on this box the next few days I'm going to try
to install the LFS-enabled INN because my history file is getting
dangerously close to 2 GB.

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.

Reply to the list or to miquels at cistron-office.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)