mail2news gateway

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at marduk.litech.org
Wed Nov 28 16:48:01 UTC 2001

In article <463197c6.0111280142.5b2899a7 at posting.google.com>,
Anand Vidhani <avidhani at ggn.aithent.com> wrote:

>I am using INN on sun solaris 8. I am using NDBM file for
>authentication of users in readers.conf.
>Now i am using mail2news like some one wants to send mail to any
>newsgroup it will be forwarded to newsgroup.
>Here the AUTHENTICATION in readers.conf creates problem
> ""480 Authentication required for command""
>can any body tell how can I solve the problem

Please do *not* send mail to inn-workers at isc.org and post to
news.software.nntp (without saying that you're doing so in the
post, at least).

If mail2news doesn't have support for authentication, you need to
configure your readers.conf to allow unrestricted access from
whatever machine is running mail2news.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org