small optimization for history writes

Miquel van Smoorenburg list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Fri Nov 30 16:39:33 UTC 2001

In article <200111301610.fAUGAC4T004063 at bean.epix.net>,
Forrest J. Cavalier III <mibsoft at epix.net> wrote:
>How does this patch work?  It looks like offset will
>be uninitialized for the use later in the function....
>    r = hisv6_writedbz(h, hash, offset);

You're right, I must be going blind or something .. better reverse
that patch on my server.

>Did you leave something out?

No but I wasn't sure this was quite right so I posted it here instead
of in -patches, seems like that was a good idea.

Now there are two ways to fix it, either by keeping an offset
variable in struct hisv6, or by fixing glibc .. I'll have to
think about that.

Thanks,

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.

Reply to the list or to miquels at cistron-office.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)