mailpost - problem with sendmail

Michael Vistein michael at vistein.de
Tue Oct 2 17:00:25 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm using a SuSE 7.1 Pro Linux system. I compiled INN 2.3.2 myself on this
machine. I created an alias in /etc/aliased like

ng: "|/usr/local/news/bin/mailpost test"

(test is an existing, local newsgroup)

I put /usr/local/news/bin/inews setuid and setgid and allowed hosts
"lx.vistein.de, stdin, 127.0.0.1" posting (lx.vistein.de is the hostname of
the server, dns is working fine)

When I'm su-ing to user daemon or nobody I can do following with success:

/usr/local/news/bin/mailpost test
Subject: test
[more headers]

Testtext
[ctrl+d]

This message gets successfully distributed to the newsgroup. But when I'm
using sendmail, I get the following error message:

inews failed: Warning What server? -- Article will be spooled.

-------- Article Contents

[article follows]

What does that mean, and how can I fix this problem?

Thank you,

Michael Vistein
--
Die Nachlese des Friedberger Altstadtfestes "Friedberger Zeit" 2001 im Internet:
http://www.friedberger-zeit.de