readers.conf & nnrpd problem

Basil Kruglov basil at cifnet.com
Thu Oct 11 08:17:13 UTC 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 02:41:38AM -0500, Basil Kruglov wrote:
> access "asp-admin" {
>         key: asp-admin
>         newsgroups: "something.*"
>         access: "RPA"
>         perlfilter: false #notice as it set as 'false'.
>         localtime: true
>         virtualhost: true
>         strippath: true
>
> }
>
> under this config when I post something to a test group we have, where by
> default binaries are prohibited @ cleanfeed, I still get:
>
> Oct 11 02:20:40 servname nnrpd[51790]: XXX.XXX.XX.XX post failed 437 Binary in
> non-binary group
>
> According to readers.conf man page:
>
>        perlfilter:
>            If set to false, posts made by these users do not pass
>            through the Perl filter even if it is otherwise
>            enabled.  This is a boolean value and the default is
>            true.

I wanted to follow on my own message, I made some changes around -
upgraded innd to 20011011 CVS prerelease (via cvsup)
and accidently disabled perl filtering -  ~news/bin/ctlinnd perl n;
and perflfilter option started to work as described in readers.conf man
page; however, innd incoming connections are no longer getting through
perl filters :/

I suppose this behavior might qualify as a bug/feature? :) Thank you,

-Basil