SMstore file -- throttling

Franco, Ruben rufranco at utep.edu
Thu Oct 18 22:23:04 UTC 2001

Hello,

	We recently upgraded our RedHat machine from RedHat 7.0 to RedHat
7.1, and apparently this also replaced our INND binaries.  After the
upgrade, we modified the new "innd.conf" to match our old configuration but
now our news is not storing updates from our newsfeed.  Below is example
section of our "news.notice" log.  Is there some steps or settings we
probably missed on restarting the upgrade News server?

-----------------------------------
Oct 18 14:57:05 news innd: SERVER cant store article: File exists
Oct 18 14:57:08 news innd: tradspool: could not open
/usr/spool/news/articles/alt/rap/20550 File exists
Oct 18 14:57:08 news innd: ME HISstats 0 hitpos 1953 hitneg 0 missed 2119
dne
Oct 18 14:57:08 news innd: SERVER throttled File exists writing SMstore file
-- throttling
Oct 18 14:57:08 news innd: SERVER throttle File exists writing SMstore file
-- throttling
Oct 18 14:57:08 news innd: SERVER cant store article: File exists

Also, here are the versions of our "inn.conf" before and after the upgrade:
1.24.2.2 -> 1.41.2.1