INN 2.4 and IPv6

Brandon Hume hume at Den.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca
Tue Oct 23 20:03:55 UTC 2001

> Yes, it's a dirty hack which should not be incorporated in INN.

OK, but since its the only patch I've SEEN, it takes top marks by default.

Other than the binding problem, what else is wrong with it?

What other patches can I look at, before I take what I have and start
improving it?

> This patch also does not work with systems requiring binding to distinct
> IPv4 and IPv6 sockets.

OK, they mention this in the implementation notes, though they say that you
CAN bind specific addresses, just not via "bindaddress" in inn.conf just yet.
(But -I/-b for inndstart/nnrpd will work, they claim.)

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca/
                       -> Solaris Snob and general NOCMonkey