Moderators lists source?

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Wed Oct 24 19:00:06 UTC 2001

On Oct 24, bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:

 >That's why you want moderated groups. The moderator address is the
 >submission address and things arrive by mail as they should. Then you
So the mailing lists would get a lot of spam and the owners will force
me to close the gateway. And useless usenet headers would be sent to
the lists with each message.
This is not the way I'm going to manage mail->news gating, I plan to
allow posting only to users who register in a whitelist by email.

 >only need a one way mail->news gateway. I've been digging out the
 >submission addresses, and will continue to treat as moderate, thanks.
Please don't, the list owners will complain to me.
And don't forget that linux-kernel at vger does not allow news->mail
gating.

 >Also, is someone going to fix the mail->news gateway for linux.* groups?
 >If you rewrite the in-reply-to header to references it make a lot more
 >newsreaders thread properly.
I'm already doing this (I use News::Gateway in a program I wrote).
Are we looking at the same gateway? :-) Mine has bofh.it!robomod as the
path tail and there is no linux.dev.kernel group.
(Do you want to swap a feed?)

--
ciao,
Marco