Trying to restart innd after power outage but get "innd dead but subsys locked"

Jeffrey Davis jpdavis at utmb.edu
Sat Sep 1 02:10:44 UTC 2001

Here is an excerpt from my news log file:

Aug 29 21:55:36 xsusio inndstart: can't bind: Address already in use
Aug 29 22:21:11 xsusio innd: SERVER cant bind RCreader Permission denied

I should mention that I really only use the news server for a local group of
developers... As a shared resource/collaboration tool (i.e. I'm NOT getting
news feeds from other news server no am I posting to other new servers).
Suggestions?
-Jeff