Trying to restart innd after power outage but get "innd dead but subsys locked"

Jeffrey Davis jpdavis at utmb.edu
Sat Sep 1 04:12:52 UTC 2001

Hmm, nothing running under the news uid
Portscanning from my desktop to my server reveals that 119 is open (UDP and
TCP) and listening with the nntp protocol.

I did notice that when I querried the files in the rpm  that a few had
mis-assigned permissions.

I think that I'm going to try re-installing the rpm and hope that the
install script rectifies the problem.