accessing inn using pine

Bill Tangren bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil
Mon Sep 10 17:46:15 UTC 2001

I am using inn 2.3.2 on a Redhat 7.0 box. I have inn running and can post
to a newsgroup I created, but I can only get access to the newsgroup from
another box, like a Windoze PC running Netscape Mail. When I use pine on
the same box, I am able to the test newsgroup, but when I try to access it
I get the following error:

[unable to scan newsgroup spool directory]

Does anyone know what might be causing this? I don't have a GUI running on
this box, so I can't try Netscape Mail on it.

Bill Tangren