Migrating to a new news server

Tracy Williams twilliams at entigo.com
Mon Sep 10 18:19:13 UTC 2001

We are currently running our news server on a pc running RedHat Linux 6.2. I
installed inn-2.3.2 on a SUN Enterprise 250 running Solaris7. We would like
to migrate all of the articles from the current to the new news server. I
created a tar file with all of the articles from the old server and untarred
them on the new. After doing this, I ran the following:
ctlinnd newgroup < news group > - added the groups from the current news
server.
ctlinnd renumber < news group >
makehistory -b -f history.n -I -O

I can post/read new articles but I can not view/post/read any of the
articles brought over from the old server.

I am looking for any ideas/suggestions.

Thank you.

Tracy Williams