forwarding email to inn

Bill Tangren bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil
Tue Sep 11 14:36:31 UTC 2001

This question may be better posed to procmail (or sendmail) lists, but I
thought I would try here first. I have a test user on my RedHat 7.0 box
called 'helptest'. I have a line in my /etc/aliases file that reads:

helptest: "|/usr/bin/mailpost -d local usno.aa.test"

The newsgroup I set up is usno.aa.test. When I send an email to helptest,
I get the following error (in a returned email):

"|/usr/bin/mailpost -d local usno.aa.test"
    (reason: service unavailable)
    (expanded from: <helptest at aa.usno.navy.mil>)

smrsh: mailpost not available for sendmail programs
554 5.0.0 "|/usr/bin/mailpost -d local usno.aa.test" ... Service
unavailable

Could the problem be in how I set up the newsgroup?  I read the man pages for mailpost
and inews.

Bill Tangren