ldap/pam auth and ctlinnd newgroup group.*

Terry Davis tdavis at birddog.com
Tue Sep 18 19:54:57 UTC 2001

Hello,

I have two questions.

1) Does innd support pam auth?  I would like to authenticate against an ldap
server and pam supports this directly.  I understand that innd does not support
ldap directly?

2) I want to use ctlinnd newgroup to create a parent group which will contain
children.   like  group.*
So I type 'ctlinnd newgroup group.*'.  This creates a group called 'group.*'.
I then have to create a child to get what I want like:
ctlinnd newgroup group.foo

That creates:
group.*
	group.*
	group.foo

I then have to rmgroup the group.* to get:
group.*
	group.foo

^ which is what I want in the first place.  Am I doing this wrong?  Any
suggestions?

--
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator