ldap/pam auth and ctlinnd newgroup group.*

Terry Davis tdavis at birddog.com
Tue Sep 18 21:04:05 UTC 2001

> Just make directly the group you want.  The group.* you see is something
> generated by your particular client when it sees subgroups; you don't have
> to do anything on the server to get it to appear.

Ok, lets say I want to see this:
group.*
	group.foo
	group.bar
	group.test

I would type this:
ctlinnd newgroup group.foo
ctlinnd newgroup group.bar
ctlinnd newgroup group.test

correct?
yes, you are correct, I just did it.
What i was seeing was if I create a single group like group.foo, my client was
showing:

group.foo
NOT
group.*
	group.foo

I have to create more than one to get the expected result.   ;)

That auth thing is kinda confusing but I am working on it.  Is there a
website/mailing list for that piece ?

--
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator