innd does not find cycbufs

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Fri Sep 21 11:17:29 UTC 2001

On Sep 20, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

 >The only guess I can come up with is that libc is calling stat64 but
 >thinks that the application isn't prepared to handle 64-bit stat values
 >and is therefore returning an error in the library code rather than at the
 >system call level.
Libc is fine.
I added a strerror(errno) to the syslog() call and it prints:

Sep 21 12:56:26 newsfeeder innd: CNFS-sm: file '/news/spool/bufs/1/1'
does not exist, ignoring 'A1' cycbuff [Value too large for defined data
type]

The file is really too big.

I think it's a bad idea assuming the file does not exist when stat
fails, errno should be checked every time.

--
ciao,
Marco