problem upgrading to inn-2.3 (RedHat linux 7.1)

Jim Chapman jim.chapman at tutsys.com
Thu Sep 27 19:55:43 UTC 2001

I use a linux box to host local newsgroups for my company. Articles
never expire.

Having upgraded the system from RH6.1 to RH7.1 (with INN-2.3), old
articles (posted before the linux upgrade) can't be read but new
articles appear just fine. I've verified that the new articles are being
written into the articles/... directory (in tradspool format) with
article numbers adding to the articles which were already there from the
newsgroups properly.

How do I convince the newserver that articles from the previous install
are still available? How can I wind back every newsgroup as if all
articles are new? I've ruled out the newsreader's state as the cause by
trying to read articles from a newly subscribed client. The config files
and database files look ok and I regenerated the history db, but I must
be missing something. Can anyone suggest things to check?

Thanks

-Jim