Retroactively cross-posting articles

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen larsi at gnus.org
Sun Apr 7 08:14:20 UTC 2002

Kenichi Okada <okada at opaopa.org> writes:

>> What are typical values for -c?
>
> I do not know typical values.
> I use -c 30 on my mail2news server.

In your experience, that's enough to catch messages cross-posted to
several mailing lists?

If I understand correctly, -c will make mailpost sleep for that
time.  Gmane receives quite a lot of messages, and I'm a bit wary of
"blocking" the mail delivery system in this manner.   Could run out
of processes very easily...

Perhaps a different approach would be to spool messages, and then
have a cron job go over them every 30 seconds and do the cross-post
checking thing.  On the other hand, waiting for half a minute to
deliver mail doesn't really appeal to me; I want stuff to be
delivered immediately.  :-)

So, back to my original question -- would it be possible to hack up
something to retroactively cross-post an article, or would that just
break down all the invariants in inn?

   larsi at gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen