manual moderation of posts?

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Apr 18 15:40:51 UTC 2002

In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0204171246590.26679-100000 at sasami.anime.net>,
Dan Hollis  <goemon at anime.net> wrote:

| As an ISP, we resell read-post access to a number of other ISPs around the
| country.
|
| A couple ISPs we resell to have big problems with spammers (people using
| stolen credit cards or stolen accounts and posting massive porno spam
| runs). cleanfeed is of limited use because all the spammers these days
| use hash-busting techniques to get around it.
|
| I would like to solve this problem while avoiding having to disable all
| posting access. What I'd like to be able to do is moderate postings, eg
| all postings from ISP x or ISP y will go into a manual queue. I can
| remove all the spam posts and then do a manual batch post once a day.
|
| It seems to me there should be an easy way to do this, but I can't figure
| it out offhand.

  Set up a small machine running INN and make that the posting host for
the domains in question. Then run each one through a custom filter if
you wish (I do), which looks for certain things other than md5. As you
do a pre-scan you build a summary of posts which permits easy human
scans.

  Relatively easy to do, the trick is using a separate posting host.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc