Removing unwanted Newsgroups

Sundaram Divya-QDIVYA1 Divya.Sundaram at motorola.com
Fri Apr 19 14:37:12 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I wanted to find out how I could move servers and remove some unwanted newsgroups.

When I created the my current news service, I had used the active file from a peer server that had over 15000 bogus (hipcrime) newsgroups created as well. These are now on my server as well. How do I remove all these unwanted newsgroups? The man page for ctlinnd suggests that doing a rmgroup will generate an e-mail sent to the peers?

I am sure that I am missing something really obvious - but I don't want to tick off my peer news administrators with 25K rmgroup notices etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Divya.Sundaram at motorola.com <mailto:Divya.Sundaram at motorola.com>
Motorola OneIT E-Business Directory Services
Phone: +1-847-576-1689, Mobile: +1-847-309-2565
You can either take action, or you can hang back and hope for a miracle. --- Peter Drucker
  _____