overview strangeness

figmentality rone at ennui.org
Tue Apr 30 18:54:14 UTC 2002

I'm running 2.3.2-REL with tradindexed and tradspool.  Our support
guys created new newsgroups on Sunday for our new product betas:

macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.cfml_general_discussion
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.flash_integration
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.installation_configuration
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.internationalization
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.new_features_functionality
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.server_administration
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.upgrading_migration
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.using_dreamweaver_mx_homesite_plus
macromedia.preview_release.dreamweaver_mx.application_development
macromedia.preview_release.dreamweaver_mx.general_discussion
macromedia.preview_release.dreamweaver_mx.mx_integration
macromedia.preview_release.fireworks_mx.general_discussion
macromedia.preview_release.fireworks_mx.mx_integration

(yes, the names are hideous)

For some reason, the overview for these newsgroups is not being generated:

macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.cfml_general_discussion
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.internationalization
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.server_administration
macromedia.preview_release.coldfusion_mx.using_dreamweaver_mx_homesite_plus
macromedia.preview_release.dreamweaver_mx.mx_integration

The DAT and IDX files for these newsgroups remain at 0 bytes.  Any
posted articles definitely reside in the proper spool directory.  We
are loathe to running a makehistory -O because we unfortunately seem
to have some old articles from 1.4 days which don't have the right
information, which leads to header-article mismatch.  Should i upgrade
to the latest -stable?

thanks
rone
--
Constancy of the speed of light is a conclusion, yes it is a conclusion based
on nonconvincing, irrational assumptions. WHAT IS LIGHT?! Whose light? From