Debugging my news feed

Sundaram Divya-QDIVYA1 Divya.Sundaram at motorola.com
Fri Aug 16 19:17:54 UTC 2002

Hi all,

How do I find out why there are articles being rejected? Is
there any way to increase the logging level for this type
of thing?

Here is an excerpt from an older report:

Incoming Feeds (INN):
Server     Connects  Offered   Taken Refused  Reject %Accpt  Elapsed
blah.mot.com      5     2581    2560       0      21   99%  00:04:35

Tells me that 21 were rejected. OK, 6 were rejected due to "Group",
presumably unwanted newsgroup.

Then comes this piece:

	INND perl filter [Top 20]:
	Reason                              Count
	Binary in non-binary group          8
	Too many newsgroups                 5
	EMP rejected (ph/l)                 2

	TOTAL: 3                           15

What do these mean? How do I adjust the "Too many newsgroups"
setting? And what is "EMP rejected"?

Regards

Divya Sundaram ----------------------------- CONDITUR IN PETRA
We don't need more strength, or greater opportunity. What we
need is to use what we have.                  - BASIL S. WALSH