gja at meowing.net
Sat Aug 17 01:10:43 UTC 2002
Okay, just in case anyone's interested in this...
INN 2.3.3 does build and (sort of) run under Cygwin, with only minor
patching. Major build issues were:
1. Cygwin defines but doesn't implement pwrite(), so the definitions in
lib/pwrite.c and include/clibrary.h needed small tweakage to be compatible.
2. A couple of BIND-related includes in innfeed/misc.c don't exist, so
3. NNRP_LOADLIMIT needs to be set to -1.
4. support/install-sh needs a small patch to deal with *.EXE files.
innd and nnrpd do, indeed, run. I can IHAVE and POST, and read the
articles back. tradindexed and timehash, at least, seem to be happy so far.
Two significant problems encountered so far:
1. nnrpd croaks when forked from innd, but it works fine if I run innd
under gdb. Odd. Will dig into this one later, it's not a showstopper.
2. ICDwritevactive() doesnt work because NT doesn't allow an open file
to be renamed out of existence. I expect this difference to break
expire too. I can think of some Rube Goldberg workarounds for this,
anyone aware of simple ones? =)
More information about the inn-workers