Limiting INN's NNRP connections per IP

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Aug 27 09:55:24 UTC 2002

-> >> Urgh. This won't solve my problems.  Because nnrpd will be run by innd
-> >> and connection will be made.  The nnrpd process will be run, it will
-> >> take resources and cpu.  It just will be dropped later :(
->
-> > man innd, and look at the -H and -X options.

well, these don't define maxclientsperhost option which will be nice to add

-> If someone has a chance, it would be cool to put those options into nnrpd
-> -D as well.
->
-> Although another good solution to this is to run nnrpd under some
-> inetd-style server that can do rate limiting or limit the number of
-> connections per IP address.  tcpserver unfortunately can't do that; does
-> anyone know if xinetd can?

others answered. Now I have one question about nnrpd - can it take advantage
of running one master and slaves? shared active table, shared configuration
file, or at least that config is pre-processed by master on startup and slaves
only need to talk to user?

If so, it would be proabbly not very good idea to run nnrpd from any sort of
superserver.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.