nnrpd question

Jake Roersma jaker at tsunami.triton.net
Tue Aug 27 21:55:55 UTC 2002

I'm unsure as to how nnrpd "loads articles into memory" when mmap is
disabled.  I see nnrpd using sometimes over 1GB of memory to do
something like getting all the article headers from a particular group,
with about 40000 articles. Is this normal behavior, or could there be
something else wrong that is causing the memory usage to be high?  I
haen't run the server without mmap for about a week now, but it seems
that when I wasn't the performace was a lot better.

On another note. I'm not using mmap because when I enabled articlemmap
the machine has died 2 times a day with kernel panics, linux 2.4.19 and
on 2.4.16..

--
Jake Roersma   (jaker at tsunami.triton.net)
Network Engineer  && Systems Administrator