vector-t.c failures with Forte

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 28 23:22:50 UTC 2002

Alex Kiernan <alexk at demon.net> writes:

> Huh, wierd... here's what we build with:

> -fast -g -xs -v -xstrconst -xdepend -xtarget=ultra2 -xarch=v8plusa
> -xprefetch -xildoff

> I haven't gone through each of them to figure out where it goes wrong
> though.

I played a hunch.  It's -xstrconst.  Looks like the lifting of static
strings into the rodata section breaks when the strings contain embedded
nuls (which isn't unreasonable, since that makes them not valid C strings;
I haven't checked the standard to see if this is really allowed).

I turned them into initialized static const char arrays, which seems to
have made Forte happy.