installation and start

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Aug 31 16:24:12 UTC 2002

Rene Tschaggelar <tschaggelar at dplanet.ch> writes:

> Doesn't change much, except it already stops at

> checking for OpenSSL location... configure: error: Cannot find OpenSSL

Does /usr/include/openssl exist?  Looks like OpenSSL may need some of the
same fallback code as Berkeley DB.

> BTW this list server doesn't set the 'reply to' field.
> Strange.

Yeah, that's a client configuration issue rather than something that
should be forced on the server.

    <http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html>

Both configurations have drawbacks, but at least it's generally reasonably
easy to reply to either the list or the individual poster if Reply-To is
not set, whereas it's extremely annoying to reply to the individual if
Reply-To is set.