Rebuild the overview for a single newsgroup

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Aug 31 22:58:40 UTC 2002

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi at gnus.org> writes:

> I've been playing with the tdx-util program from CURRENT a bit, but it
> seems to be hanging trying to get a write lock on the
> /var/spool/news/overview/group.index file, for some reason.  But it
> isn't able to.  Does this mean that, er, it doesn't work?  :-)

Works for me (tm).  But I've only tested it against a system also running
CURRENT (just an older version with the old overview implementation).
Maybe there's some other locking that the other overview implementation is
doing that's interfering?  That does seem unlikely, though....

That's perplexing.