Some questions from a new user

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Aug 2 22:33:18 UTC 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Scott Ream wrote:

> Actually what I meant was that it checks the x509 signature of a post and if
> it is valid (ie signed by the root ca) it is posted.

Humm.  Generally news servers authenticate *users* and accept anything
they want to post (possibly checking for spam-like traits first) to groups
they have access to.

I think it would be pretty easy to implement what you're describing,
assuming you can easily verify x509 signatures with a bit of, say, Perl.
You'd just use the Perl filter (posting or transit filters, depending on
what exactly you want to restrict) interface.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org