Odd history error messages

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Wed Aug 14 07:16:47 UTC 2002

[rather a tardy reply...]

davidsen at tmr.com (bill davidsen) writes:

> I'm getting this:
>
>  SERVER cant write history <3d2c7d2a$0$13929$edfadb0f at dspool01.news.t
> ele.dk> Success
> Jul 10 14:49:19 newsmst01 innd: dbz not open for this history file /usr/local/news/db/history

You get this because dbz only handles one open dbz file (which is only
really a problem during expire). The only time innd should really care
is when its told to reload history (when the files gets swapped).

The only instance I can see where it might all go horribly wrong is if
hisv6_checkfiles declared the files changed, and then failed to reopen
the history files; but as far as I can see innd shouldn't be enabling
that code path anyway :(

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc