[INN-COMMITTERS] inn/doc/man (Makefile)

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 3 04:36:35 UTC 2002

Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:

> Yeah, that's tricky.

> Possibly silly solution:  install a little script that just prints "$0
> is not installed because of configure-time settings, see the
> documentation for $0 for details" and symlink any not-installed binaries
> to that.

Hm.  It sounds like doing something like the ovdb_* binaries do would work
better for you (that amounts to mostly the same thing, just takes up a
tiny bit more space), rather than a completely conditional install.  I
don't mind that... I'm just not sure what the right or best practice for
this sort of thing is.

> However, I think that if somebody is interested in Kerberos, they should
> be able to grep ~news/man and get sensible results that don't depend on
> what options you passed to configure.

Yeah, that's a good point.