Documentation cleanup issues

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Dec 3 20:01:57 UTC 2002

In article <ylwumrsli9.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
Russ Allbery  <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

| > - In the final "complicated" example of readers.conf, should the pattern
| >   "*,!example.*" be "*, at example.*" instead?  I think it probably should.
|
| I don't believe @ makes sense in this context (or to be more precise, if I
| remember correctly, ! acts like @ would when someone tries to crosspost a
| message).

I still haven't had a chance to read the manpage, but clearly both make
sense depending on what you want to do.
 *,!example.*           don't want example but will accept if
                        crossposted elsewhere

 *, at example.*           don't want any example.* ever

Actually, having both with comments is not a bad idea, I have both in my
feed file, for various sites.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc