any ideas - Compiling INND 2.3.3 is failing

Patrick Vervoorn vervoorn at home.nl
Thu Dec 5 09:55:20 UTC 2002

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Wilson, Sue LCC wrote:
>
> > yacc parsedate.y
> > make[1]: yacc: Command not found
>
> You'll need to install yacc, or a substitute.  (An possible alternative
> cause is that you have it installed, but it's not in your PATH.)
>
> (Russ, any reason we don't list this in INSTALL as a requirement?)

I also encountered this, with a different application, on a Linux system.
Seems not all Linux systems, out-of-the box offer yacc.

As a quick fix, bison with the -y option is equal to yacc. So, quick-fix
the Makefile (change the YACC= line), or define an alias which links yacc
to 'bison -y' and you should be in business (don't know if this works).

Best regards,

Patrick.