Using sfio

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Tue Dec 10 13:23:54 UTC 2002

I've finally found some time to integrate the many changes against the
upstream we're running and started thinking about the SSL/rate
limiting code in nnrpd.

Something I've not looked hard at, but seems like a neat way of
dealing with it is sfio (http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/sfio/),
which I think sendmail uses/used?, which has support for disciplines
on a stream, so we could push an SSL discipline, a rate limiting
discipline etc.

The license for this is:

The authors of this software are Glenn Fowler, David Korn and Kiem-Phong Vo.

Copyright (c) 1991, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002 by AT&T Labs - Research.

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
purpose without fee is hereby granted, provided that this entire notice
is included in all copies of any software which is or includes a copy
or modification of this software and in all copies of the supporting
documentation for such software.

THIS SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY. IN PARTICULAR, NEITHER THE AUTHORS NOR AT&T LABS MAKE ANY
REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE MERCHANTABILITY
OF THIS SOFTWARE OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Which looks entirely compatible to me.

Thoughts?

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc